Wednesday 13 March 2013

Spriiiiing!

The handprint trees are back for the new season, and here's how they're looking...
Step 1: We practice using a sissors by snipping up a piece of paper.
Step 2: Draw the outline of each child's hand on brown paper. Draw a circle around the hand.
Step 3: The kids cut out the circle. I cut out the hands. (Too pernickity for little people)
Step 4: Kids glue their hands onto a piece of yellow paper. Then they cut out a strip of brown paper and glue it underneath their hand.
Step 5: Fun part, the fingerpainting! The kids dot on little buds on the branches, and some grass on the ground.

Our Spring Poem goes like this:

I can see it's Springtime,
It's Springtime,
It's Springtime,
And I am so glad.

With green grass
and flowers
and sunshine
and showers,
I can see it's Springtime
and I am so glad!

I've also been working on a little craft for Mother's Day.
I cut out a big speech bubble out of card, and took a picture of each child holding it beside their head. They thought this was absolutely hilarious, and they loved looking back through the photos.
Here's mine:
Yep, I made one too, and my Mom loved it, ha!

I cut frames out of card, and the kids painted them in bright colours. Then my collegue gave me some lovely little foam hearts, and the kids stuck them around their pictures.
I printed off the photos and stuck them in the frames, and then made little envelopes to pop them into. At least then there was some chance the Moms wouldn't see the little presents until Mothering Sunday!


We're doing a little project on planting and growing at the moment, and I'll do a quick run through on that next time! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment